Monday, April 11, 2016

Accepting the Call: Your Civic Duty

Here in the United States, we are lucky in many ways, even if we are not in other ways. How often were we told as children that we could grow up to be anything we wanted? And often, when we are young, we pick silly things. But, I remember as an 8 and 9 year old that I wanted to become the president of the United States. As a tween and young teen, I wanted to be a baseball player. As a high school student, I was thinking about being an attorney. 
Though, during college, I wanted to be able to work with various legislators in hopes that eventually, I would have a name enough for myself to become an ambassador after reaching retirement age, just because I inherently understand people of other cultures. Because of that, I chose to major in International Relations with a minor in Political Science. Throughout my college years, I had been active in many different organizations such as the International Student Organization, Adult Student Alliance, Women’s Center, Gay-Lesbian Organization, and more. But, when I was asked to sit in for the Multi Cultural Committee for the Student Government Association asked me to stand in for me during the summer, I discovered advocacy. 
Eventually, I ended up on the Women’s Issues Committee, I helped get Act 177 passed for equal pay; the “Mini-Skirt” Bill, a state bill that would render the attire of the rape victim could not be used as evidence against the victim (only for biological evidence against the perpetrator), and purposefully gender neutral; and the Violence Against Women Act, to make various situations safer and to combat domestic violence. So, that is when the bug hit me, that advocacy is what I wanted to do. My first official job after graduating was with the Women’s Resource Center as a crisis counselor, where I started off as a volunteer counselor. Currently, I serve as an advocate with the Sexual Abuse Services along with the fact that I am the founder of Youth Voice Initiative to combat child abuse by speaking to area legislators to stiffen up on those who abuse our children. Of course, I do not get paid for these activities, but, it is my calling, and I am quite good at it.
So, speaking of being called to step up into a civic position, I want to point out Mr. Terry Gerin, who is better known for being a professional wrestler named Rhyno - The Man Beast. He is quite an accomplished wrestler, being that he has wrestled under WCW, TNA, ECW, and WWE, and has had several championships won during his over 2 decade run as a wrestler. Terry is lucky to have been able to live his dream out so far, and is still in good health enough to keep wrestling, but, another calling has been whispering in his ear, and is running for State Representative in Dearborn, Michigan, which is in the greater Detroit area. He is centrist, with a good work ethic, and to support him on facebook, please come to this page to like his page, and encourage your friends who vote in the Dearborn area to also like the page, make posts, and pass around his page to get his name out into the votersphere.


Rhyno's full name: Terrance (Terry) Guido Gerin

For those of you who are not on facebook, please support Terry’s efforts to win the office on Twitter: https://twitter.com/vote_for_rhino
If you prefer Instagram, please go here: https://www.instagram.com/voteforrh...
Like with any campaign, a successful run for office depends on people like you and I to promote the candidate for the office they are running for. So, please, check him out, share his page, get more people to come in, like and share posts, give encouragement for his run, and most of all, please target people you know in the Detroit area to support Mr. Terrance Guido Gerin for 15th District State Representative. The more we share the posts, the better he will fare in the upcoming elections. The slogan is, “Vote for Rhino, he will fight for you”.
Of course, before we go endorsing and voting for someone, we want even MORE information, and here is an interview to listen to, so you can get a feel for who he is as a person and candidate, as opposed to a professional wrestler. I haven’t had time to listen, because it is 1+3/4 hours long. But, figured it is worth putting it out there for the fans to listen to. I am sure he will appreciate your support.



Campaigning: Terrance Guido Gerin, for Michigan State Rep


To find out more information about Mr. Terry Gerin’s run for office, please visit his website, and please consider making a donation at - http://www.terranceguidogerin.com/
You can get more information on Terry Gerin and Rhyno’s run for office at these other links... He is running as a Republican, though his stances are very centrist and reasonable, like most of us in the regular population.
 
I personally think that for a professional athlete, he is a lot more knowledgeable, smart, and in tune with the political arena than the average guy. As a people pleaser, I also relate with him wanting the good people of his home town to be proud. So, we need YOU - to help by growing his likes, sharing his posts, and getting his name out there in the Detroit area.
Thank you in advance, your loyal advocate for the betterment for our children, the future leaders of our country.
Your Patron Saint of Miss Demeanor,

No comments:

Post a Comment