Sunday, August 3, 2014

Guardian Angel: Blogophilia 24.7

Have you ever felt an ethereal presence,
an inner sense of someone guiding you through?
Bask in the comfort that you are not alone,
there are guardian angels watching over you!

(Marvin Martian and Commander K are watching over you, too!!!)

Good Sunday morning, Earthlings. It's that time of the week, time for a new topic and pictures, time to share your thoughts, poems and stories with us! :)

https://www.facebook.com/notes/777020152319204/

Bonus Points:
(Hard, 2 points) Use an Onomatopoeia
(Easy, 1 point) Include a path that we travel


motherly love boardmotherly love board


As a progressive and a person of faith, often, it is difficult to walk on the edge, because many progressives are very casual about their faith, if any, and many are either more spiritual rather than religious, or try to be more logical than spiritual.  I don't consider myself to be very religious, even if the church I am a member of is very progressive, considering the type of church.  Of course, many of my ultra conservative acquaintances don't figure that I can be of faith, AND progressive at the same time, although my politically conservative friends understand, just fine.

Whether we are Christian, Jewish, Wiccan, Muslim, Buddhist, Native Spirituality, etc.... , many of us believe that there is a guardian angel out there, regardless of if this is an ancestor, or just for babies/toddlers, or one of God's Angels, etc...  But, often, I think that we need more.  Our abused children are always negatively affected.  1 in 4 girls and one in 6 boys will be sexually assaulted by the time they are 18.  If people go to college, those numbers are scarier.  1 in 3 young women, and 1 in 4 young men will have been sexually assaulted by the time they are 25.  Many of these large campuses are so big on sports, that if the perpetrator is a football, basketball or soccer star on the varsity team, often, the abuser won't face ANY punishment at all, and may end up telling the victim that they were lucky that a guy like this wanted to pay attention to them.

All too often, sex abuses don't get reported.  Of the minority of them that do, rarely do the perpetrators see a day in prison, much less get the sex offender treatment.  The treatment needs 3 years of diligence, to even have a chance of working.  If perpetrators are released upon their sentence before the 3 years are up, the likelihood of them finishing treatment is little to none, because sexual perpetrators are all about justifying why they are right and everyone else is wrong, for power and control issues, and will be full of excuses of why they "can't" make it to their group sessions.

While I know, I realize that there are a ton of other groups out there that talk about things like this, and push the statistics to make people aware, such as RAINN - Rape, Abuse, Incest National Network - https://www.rainn.org/statistics, and plenty of other ones, and then there is the FBI to try to press charges...  http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/vc_majorthefts/cac/crimes_against_children

These are good sources, as well as much needed ones...  But, awareness campaigns alone cannot push the social changes far enough, which is why I go off the beaten path to try to talk to area legislators to ensure that we are protecting our abused children.  Get this, again, for I don't know how many times, we have a case here in my home town about a next door neighbor who only got one year for molesting the young girl, mainly because he has no other criminal charges, ever.  http://journaltimes.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/prison-for-neighbor-in-assault/article_bafd9568-bd10-5afd-b48e-3120db757747.html

I agree with the sentiments of this blogger.  http://www.jtirregulars.com/2011/03/sympathy-for-devil.html

I am no angel, but I AM a guardian, who will be willing to go to the Capitol to fight for this cause.  Hopefully, when things go well, KAZAM!  These nasty perpetrators will have to try to restrain themselves, or risk being arrested.  Only 2% are false accusations.  It is my goal, to be a lighthouse, so to speak, for those who don't have a voice, and all too often, people of any age who are experiencing abuse, don't have much of a voice.  As a faithful, I am rogue, because I don't necessarily follow the rules of endearment.  But, as a progressive faithful, I am called to do this.  I can't really take credit for pushing my conviction, since advocacy and following the American government policy to ensure that I am part of the system of "for the people, by the people" is really exciting for me.  I guess my personality was built for this.  So, it's like birds warbling, cats meowing, dogs barking, etc...  I just hope that some day sooner than later, I will have warm bodies show up on a regular basis to be able to do a bigger push than what I am capable of on my own.

Peace out.

Topic - Trevor
Bonus points - Tyler and Nissemech
Picture - Irene
Word/Phrase - 1) Motherly Love Board  2) Online relationships  3) hot mother board  4) hard drive to follow  5) computer overload  6) hot PC  7) I love my computer  8) my friends live in my computer  9) Exciting World Wide Web  10) The Matrix  11) Neo & Trinity  12) Hal 2000  13) Johnny Mneumonic  14) computer takeover  15) online dating  16) I, Robot  17) Hacked Lover  18) Electric dreams  19) Her  20) Flubber

No comments:

Post a Comment