Monday, July 14, 2014

Ink is my... : Blogophilia 21.7

In Marvin Martian's words...  "Come and spill some ink with us at Blogophilia! Join us for blogging fun and friendship!"  https://www.facebook.com/notes/marvin-martian/blogophilia-week-217-ink-is-my/766333736721179

Bonus Points:
(Hard, 2 points) Mention a lunar landmark
(Easy, 1 point) Include the phrase "color is my day long"

Blogging fun and friendship...  I agree that blogging should be fun.  Most of the time.  Unless you have something important to share, and most of us have serious issues that need to be told, whether it's a cause, or a pet peeve, or that a dear friend or family member is in dire need of prayers/good karma, etc...  And of course, to let us know if one of our online friends have passed away...  I am glad that we have a network that allows for all of these, and well, I think it's important to celebrate our friends we still have! 

Some of us are new friends, others are old friends...  Many of us got to be friends here online, and I've had the pleasure of meeting a couple of these in person.  Of course then there are those friends we've had since the time where we didn't know the internets even existed...  (yes, some of us are old enough to remember when computers were word processors and a piece of office equipment on steroids, and no, they did NOT go online...) 

Anyway, most of you myspacers from days of yore may remember the fact that 6 years ago, Mike and I were married to other people, I was getting ready to file for divorce, he was contemplating it, too, and one day, about 5.5 years ago (end of February 2009), Mike drove all the way from Des Moines, IA to permanently become a Wisconsinite.  Or maybe it's cheesehead.  Packer backer?  He is the first person from a social network (specifically myspace) that I met in person, and now, we have been married for about 3.5 years...

Then there was Sir Aleksandr, who is originally from Russia, but has been a great asset to our military with training exercises and is quite an expert on martial arts.  He had come to live with us for a short amount of time, and introduced us to a very thin, Russian pancake, called blini.  He is also a fan of action movies, and we've watched many of them together.  He now runs his own studio where he teaches self defense to women, and is also an advocate to protect others from sex abuse.  Right on, Bro!

The next person I met was Dustin, as the myspace days were getting a bunch of funerals, and many profiles were reappearing onto facebook.  Being from Texas, you'd never figure that he met us here in Wisconsin.  Dustin was doing a gig in the Chicagoland area, and we adopted him over the holidays while he was there, since going home was not an option for him.

After Dustin, when we were settling into facebook, of course, I got to meet Kelly, who ran for office against an incumbent with lots of money, and even though she didn't get elected, she sure made a statement!  Makes me proud of my fellow women, who have the courage to stand up the way she does.

In the facebook years, I got to meet Amanda and her cool husband and precious children, and I'm their babysitter.  And if anyone wants to help her photography schooling in progress, please consider getting professional pictures done at a reasonable rate, here is her page, and it would be helpful if you liked her page, and booked an appointment.  https://www.facebook.com/pjmphotos99

Then, at my graduation party, I got to meet Laura and Karen, both of whom I met here on facebook, and they're from here!  The crazy part?  I actually met Laura from Dustin...  Go figure.  Laura is from a town next to mine, Dustin is from Texas...  Small world, right?

And there are so many more...  Francine was my first good friend when I got onto myspace somewhere the end of 2006 to early 2007, because Chad was only 6 at the time...  And then there are people like Red, Elizabeth, Mike Skinner, Stacey, Sharon, Donna, Serene... and so many other advocates to help abused children...  I hope to meet all of them, too, someday. Well, in that case, my friends are like different colors in the big crayon box, and if color is my day long, then ink is my communicator.  Well, in this case, it's the printed word on a screen, technically not ink, but, you know what I mean...

I tell you, though, if the world is small, maybe the universe is shrinking, too?  Here, have a look ....  tell me what you think.



Solar SystemSolar System


So, my friends, you are actually a part of the extended family, because seriously, every person on the entire planet is separated by 6 degrees...  As in they are never more than 6 people apart.  :)  But now, I hope that the lunar lava-plain won't drop ashes on us...

Topic:  Irene
Bonus points:  Tyler and Barbara
Picture:  Steven Clark
Word/Phrase:  1) Solar System (pic caption)  2) small world (in blog)  3) The Milky Way  4) It's a small world, after all  5) Space, the final frontier  6) planetary line up  7) sun spots  8) nebula  9) wish upon a shooting star  10) meteor  11) light spots  12) Stars!  13) black sky  14) black hole backdrop for the sun  15) cosmos  16) great ball of fire  17) where no one has gone before...  (or is there intelligent life?  dunno)  18) women are from Venus  19) outer stratosphere  20) Earth below us

No comments:

Post a Comment