Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Cold November Shame: Blogophilia 22.7

In the words of Marvin Martian - https://www.facebook.com/notes/marvin-martian/blogophilia-week-227-cold-november-shame/769613559726530
It's that time of the week again:

No need for worry, no need for shame!
Get your pen in hand, ready, set, aim!
Come blog with us, join the fun and games!
Marvin guarantees you'll never be the same!!!


Bonus Points:
(Hard, 2 points) incorporate the character Sherlock Holmes in your blog
(Easy, 1 point) incorporate a token of love (i.e., a ring, love letter, etc.)


Every 4 years, there is a big huge gala when the big election is.  In the opposite years, it's called the midterm election, which is the next biggest election.  Many people have probably known which political leanings I tend to have, but, no matter...  To me, whether you agree with me, disagree with me, no opinion, or what have you, I wish more people would vote...  Seriously.  Many nonvoters feel disenfranchised, and that the big wigs are out of touch with the common people like us.  I say go vote, and vote with gusto!  This government was supposed to be founded on the fact that it's We, the Common People!  By us common people, OF us common people, FROM us common people!  Even if our people don't win, you made it, made a statement, and if we ALL get out and vote, they can't ignore ALL of us, can they?  They're always figuring that less than 50% of eligible voters actually vote.  And that's when the number is high...  Some crazy number...  Wouldn't it be fun, if some big wig full of him/herself, watching the polls as the come in, and throughout the first half of the count, it's going back and forth with whose ahead with each ward reporting...  and in the end, that pompous politician is feeling the cold November shame!  Oh, what a pit...  wait, the good guy won?  YAY!!!!

In the mean time, while all of these presidential hopefuls, wannabe senators and house representatives, governors, state senators and assembly people are busy running for office, wanting donations here, donations there, need more money, as to reach more people, and all too often, the politician with the biggest wallet also wins the election... (sad.  Very sad), there are so many people in S.E. Wisconsin who are either unemployed (not working but wants to), underemployed (is working, part time, and wants/needs more hours), and those who plain gave up, or currently not looking because of the bleak outlook that one cannot just get a descent job...  And the Baker Street Irregulars are running errands for some loose change, and the poor, young couple, with not a penny to spare, exchanges practical gestures like mittens instead of rings as a token of their love...

In Racine, WI, we have the highest unemployment rate in the whole state.  I know, I know...  There are others around the country that are in just as bad shape, if not worse....  I can't even get and keep 20 hours a week at the home care agency I work for, and I just finished school to become a health unit coordinator...  There is a glimmer of hope for me, another place wants to do a phone interview, for a prestigious hospital not too far away from me...  But, for my husband, he's waiting until he can find something after I start, hopefully soon, in my regular job...  In the mean time, he's been getting some odd jobs around the neighborhood, and helping friends and family out, and has been my son's learning coach for the last few years...  He is a hard worker.  I also have a bachelor's degree from way back, in International Relations, which never panned out for much, with my minor in political science, and my electives in music.  While I struggle, like many others, to find something more suitable for me, it's not easy to see others who are in similar situations, where many struggle to make ends meet...  But, the political parties carry on, and they just don't seem to get that some of us can't afford to give $25.00.  Sure, $25 is not much.  It's a whole lot, if you have little to no money.  That's the price of a much needed oil change.  Or to buy the ingredients needed to make supper for the next 3 days at the grocery stores...  And yes, some of us are THAT poor.  Yet out of those who are this poor, I am actually luckier than others.  At least I have a current job, and I'm in my own place.  But, that doesn't make it any easier, when I want to be able to go do things with my son, and there are very few free things to do, and I can't always pay for the gas.  At least I find a way to get to the next pay check...  And, as I've said, I have hope.  Hope that one of these places will hire me, because I'm ready to work!  I figure that at my age, retirement isn't until at least 67...  So I have at least 22 years, and if I'm not ready to retire, I may keep working. 

Because there are so many issues, and all are important...  You can't guaranty that just because you're educated, that you will find a position that pays half descent.  But, you don't have a chance, if you don't get educated.  An educated public means a better developed workforce, which leads to a stronger economy, but please, don't send our jobs overseas!  But, if we ARE to push that forward, we need to vote!  Make those elected officials listen, because they will be, if all of us do our patriotic duty and just do it!


waning waxwaning wax


Topic - Christopher
Bonus points - Barbara K. and Doris
Picture - Tyler

Word/Phrase:  1) waning wax  2) melting rainbow  3) hot colored wax  4) colorful pond  6) hot ashtray  7) psychedelic illusion  8) Trix marshmallow bowl  9) color splash!  10) rainbow tiara  11) rainbow (dis)connection  12) volcanic technicolor lava  13) color me rainbow  14)  skittles, taste the rainbow  15) purple rain  16) glee club  17) enlightenment fading  18) new life aging

No comments:

Post a Comment